Posted by Rob Quigley on July 11, 2013 0 Comments
Due to two recent fatalities and serious incidents involving cyclists in London the London Cycling Campaign have organised a protest cycle for tomorrow, Friday July 11th.
The cycle begins at 6pm at Tower Hill and will journey to Aldgate (approx. 20 minute cycle).
Broken bike (pic by garryknight, www.flickr.com)
As I am in London at the moment I will be joining this cycle to call for better and safer cycling infrastructure in London. It’s harrowing to hear of a cyclist’s death in London when they can be avoided.
Protest Cycle Details:
- Meet 6pm for 6.15pm start at Tower Hill (where it meets Minories)
- There is a google map available of the route http://goo.gl/maps/8Czme
- The protest ride will last approximately 20-30 minutes, including a brief stop at the junction of A11 Whitechapel Road and A1202 Commercial Street to pay respects at the place where last week’s victim died
- The ride will be marshalled by LCC staff and volunteers and will finish at Altab Ali Park around 6.30pm
- Twitter hashtag #space4cycling
More information is available on the London Cycling Campaign website
Hopefully this will go some way to making the streets safer for everyone.